I used to make this dessert VERY often. Now that I have changed my ways and weight… well… you should have the recipe:)
1/2 cup pecan
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp. and 1 tsp. sugar
A touch of cinnamon
A touch of salt
6 tbsp. softened butter
1.5 tsp. fresh ginger, ground
Juice from 2 medium lemons
6 medium pears, piled, corded and length-sliced
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- toast pecans lightly and cut coarsely
- stir in a bowl the flower, brown sugar, butter, (only) 4 tsp. sugar, cinnamon and salt
- in a different bowl, stir lemon juice, rest of the sugar, salt and the pears.
- put pear combination into a medium pan and sprinkle the topping
- bake untill topping is golden, about 40 min.
- serve warm with cold ice cream or weeping cream on top.