I was in the middle of giving my daughter a lecture of why she needs to be a good student in school and why completing homework is so important, when it suddenly hit me ……. I sound just like my mother.
All of a sudden all my childhood memories stormed back. It was just yesterday that my mom came from a parent / teacher conference and I was being punished for a week.
- I could not talk on the phone ( Mobil phones not invented yet)
- Cannot go to the street and play with my friends ( comparable to going downtown nowadays )
- My cassette player was taken away (equivalent today as “ IPod”)
- No TV ( No MTV )
- No sleep over with friends (OMG)
Back to the present day, my focus shifted completely, I need to call my mom and ask for forgiveness, I truly made her suffer in my teenage years. I had (and still have) a very close relationship with my mom but I did tons of crazy stuff that drove her to the edge.
She always told me: Yael whatever you do now you will pay for later ……“KARMA”.
I don’t want to pay! I don’t want to go through that! Is KARMA knocking???
My oldest kid will have his driving test soon, so now every time I drive him anywhere I am being analyzed for my driving skills
- Mom , you need to actually stop at the sign
- Mom, you didn’t look both ways
- Mom, are you in a rush?
- Mom, you are too far from the sidewalk, park the car closer
- Mom, the other car is too close , keep your distance
Sorry for driving you crazy when I was a teenager.
I could list all the stuff I did (but then I will run out of paper).
I am sure Karma is in my house, living in every room & sleeping within my children. Can I please ask for the recipe to get rid of it?